Welcome to ICORD!
International Conferences on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs
- Welcome to the 11th annual ICORD meeting, which will be held in Cape Town, South Africa, 19-22 October 2016! Registration is now open at the conference website (to benefit from a reduced fee, register before 11 May). Please, note that the abstract submission deadline is 31 May. We look forward to your contributions.
- New RD collaboration to streamline efforts - ICORD and Rare Diseases International (RDI) announced, at the 2015 ICORD meeting in Mexico City, a new collaboration to boost progress on rare disease policy worldwide. Read more about the collaboration here.
- The 10th Annual Meeting ICORD 2015 (15-16 Oct) was successful, held as a part of the “Global Rare Diseases Week, Mexico 2015″. Click here for presentations.
The ICORD mission is to improve the welfare of patients with rare diseases and their families world-wide through better knowledge, research, care, information, education and awareness.
ICORD is an International Society for all individuals active in rare diseases and/or orphan drugs, including health care, research, academic, industry, patient organizations, regulatory authorities, health authorities, and public policy professionals
- ICORD presence at the RDI launch, 28 May, 2015
ICORD was invited to the launch of Rare Disease International (RDI) in Madrid, Spain. The overall aim of RDI is to unite patients’ voices around the globe, in order to have a greater impact and to improve the situation for patients with rare diseases and their families. At present RDI is an informal network, initiated by EURORDIS, but it is possible that it will become a legal entity in the future. It is currently governed by EURORDIS and national rare disease alliances from the US (NORD), Canada (CORD), Japan (JPA), China (CORD), India (I-ORD), the Ibero-American pan-regional alliance (ALIBER) and the International Federation for Epidermolysis Bullosa (DEBRA International). ICORD welcomes the establishment of RDI and looks forward to a fruitful collaboration with RDI. Please, see this link for the presentation that ICORD President-Elect, Manuel Posada, gave on behalf of ICORD.
- ICORD presentation at EURORDIS ERTC meeting – Brussels
In February 2015, ICORD accepted an invitation from EURORDIS to present at its Round Table of Companies meeting, under the agenda of “Rare Disease – Going Global”. The message about ICORD’s place in the rare disease policy agenda, our Yukiwariso Declaration, and our cooperative links with other rare disease stakeholders, was presented by ICORD board member Marlene Haffner, on behalf of ICORD President John forman. Click here to view the slide presentation.
*Invitation for expressions of interest to host the 2017 and 2018 ICORD meeting*
ICORD members are welcome to send their expression of interest to host the annual ICORD meeting 2017 to the Secretariat by email: email@example.com. ICORD also welcomes expressions of interest for the annual ICORD meeting 2018.
There is another meeting arranged by the commercial organisation OMICS International with an identical name to ICORD, “International conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”. Please note that ICORD is not involved in the organisation of this event.